The Yaksa trek offers wonderful views of Jomolhari Mountain (7,314m) and the twin peaks of neighboring Jichu Drake (6,794 m) and Tshering Gang.
The trek reaches a maximum altitude of 4,750 m.
Facts about the Tour / Trek:
Trek Duration: 6 days.
Activity Type: Walking, Trekking.
Difficulty Level: Strenuous.
Group size: Minimum 2 pax
Trek distance: 137 Km.
Highest altitude: 4930m.
Start Point: Shana (Paro)
Finish Point: Shana (Paro).
Best Months to do this Trek: March – May, September – 2nd week of December.
Upon arrival at Paro airport, you will be received by the Representative from Bhutan Corinthian and transfer to the hotel.. Dinner and overnight in Hotel.
After breakfast, acclimatize by hiking to Taktsang Monastery (The Tiger’s Nest).
After lunch, visit
• Kyichu Lhakhang, one of Bhutan’s oldest and most sacred monasteries dating from the introduction of Buddhism in the 8th century.
Dinner and overnight in Hotel.
After breakfast, visit
• Ta Dzong, an ancient watchtower, which has been since 1967, the National Museum of Bhutan
• Rimpung Dzong (Paro Dzong) built in 1646 by Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal. The Dzong presently houses administrative offices.
After lunch, drive to Shana. Overnight at camp Shana.
Altitude: 3610 m; Distance 22 Km; Time 7 - 8 hours. (Ascent 770 meters, Descent 10 meters)
Altitude: 4080 m; Distance 19 Kms; Time 5 - 6 hours. (Ascent 480 meters)
Rest day at Jangothang, enjoy the superb view all around.
For Day hikes, you have 3 options on this day at Jangothang.
1. Hike to Jumolhari Glacier which is around 4 ½ hours (Back and forth)
2. Hike to Jichu Drake Glacier which is around 3 hours (Back and Forth).
3. Walk up the mountain between Jumolhari and Jichu Drake, the summit is at 5200 meters with a great view of both the mountains. This is 8 hours (Back and forth).
Highest Point: 4900 meters, Duration 7 – 8 hours walk, Distance - 16 Km, Level of Difficulty: Moderately hard. Dinner and overnight at the camp.
Highest Point: 4550 meters, Duration 5-6 hours, Distance 14 Km, Level of difficulty: Moderate. Dinner and over night in camp.
Highest Point 4300 meters.Duration 7-8 hours, Distance 18 Km, Level of Difficulty: Moderate (Long downhill, punishment to your knees). Dinner and overnight in Hotel in Paro.
After breakfast, drive to Thimphu and visit
• National Memorial Chorten (1974) built in honour of our late King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk
• Dupthop Lhakhang one of the few surviving nunneries in Bhutan.
• Painting School where traditional art is still kept alive through instructions in the art of painting Thangkas (sacred Buddhist religious scrolls).
After lunch, visit:
• Traditional Medicine Institute where medicines are prepared according to ancient practices
• Bhutanese paper factory at work
• Tashichho Dzong, seat of the national government and the Central Monastic Body, including the summer residence of the Je Khenpo (Chief Abbot of Bhutan).
Overnight in Hotel in Thimphu.
Early morning, drive to the Airport and Farewell.